ONLINE FAX USE AGREEMENT
By using our online fax system you agree to use it to contact your representatives in a respectable manner regarding the Disclosure Project issue ONLY.
All usage is monitored and your IP address is logged and directly traceable to any individuals abusing this system.
ABUSE IS TAKEN SERIOUSLY and abusers will be held accountable.
So that your fax does not get ignored, It is important that you compose the first paragraph in your own words with the provided fax text template.
By doing so your fax letter has much more effectiveness than just putting your name and address, as form letters have a tendency to be ignored in comparison to a personally worded letter expressing your feelings on the Disclosure Project issue.
All of your composed text will be saved for your next fax to send so you won't need to retype your text.
Suggested use is to send 4 faxes:
1. Your Representative
2. Your 1st State Senator
3. Your 2nd State Senator
4. President Obama
Sending your fax to other representatives which you are not a constituent is ineffective.
When you receive a reply
In the fax letter we are offering to provide to the representatives documents to brief them to the reality of this subject. If you receive a response from them please fax it to us at 877-922-7384 (within USA) or 501-325-8328 and we will remove all your contact information except your name and post it on the web site in the responses section for all to read, and send them some briefing materials (like the 2 hour witness DVD) if they have requested more information.
Tips on writing
- With little effort a nicely formatted personalized fax letter will be created
- Make sure the button is selected next to the drop down list name you have selected to fax.
- The program will automatically insert the Dear Senator's Name etc. as well as your name and address
- It is highly recommended to personalize the fax by adding your words to the first paragraph.
- Your purpose for writing should be stated in the first paragraph of the letter.
- Refrain from using ALL CAPITAL LETTERS so the automatic inserts will match the rest of the letter
- The program will remember your personal information saving re-entering for each fax.
- Be courteous, to the point, and include key information, using examples to support your position.
- Include brief personal information about yourself, i.e. age, occupation.
- Be emphatic about your concern and complimentary about his/her leadership.
Write a similar, but not identical, letter a week later, urging action. Several days later follow that with a phone call to the "Chief of Staff" politely requesting the status of their investigation into your issue. If you are then referred to a staff member, make friends with him/her. If further communication is indicated, always refer to that staff member "so it doesn't get overlooked". Thereafter, a letter to the Chief of Staff complimenting the junior staffer wouldn't hurt. For reference you can find their phone numbers Here.
Faxes versus Letters
It has been found that Personally hand written letters have more weight than faxes, but a fax is a good compliment with a letter. If you find you will never have the time to send a personalized letter or even use the sample letter form, at least your voice will be heard with a fax. If you personalize the fax by adding your own words by creating a first paragraph on the fax form, it will receive greater attention than just sending the default letter text.
About the online Fax service
This service has been provided as an aid in easily contacting your representatives regarding the Disclosure Project. To help assure responsible use of the system, all data is archived and individual user's IP addresses are logged and tracked. All information is kept strictly confidential for the use of the Disclosure Project only and is never disclosed to anyone.
If you have any problems, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org